27 February 2008

my boyfriend is spiderman.

wait... crap. i probably shouldnt have told you that... ;)


Madrid, Spain

La Casa de Santibanez

El 25 de Febrero, 2008

9:03pm (2:03pm Denton time)

Hey I just realized that my birthday is exactly one month from yesterday! J that’s fun J Eduardo told me tonight that he was going to sing to me:

“Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday…

Poor you!!!! Because you’re getting so OLD!!!”

Hahaha J I loved it J I can’t wait J hahaha.

That’s also Andrew Eenigenburg’s Bday, so write that one down for your calendar and don’t forget to give him a bear hug that day! (it’s the day after easter).

So yeah…I was in a really crap mood all day today. I wonder if it’s already PMS time again… ugh. Probably. But the cool thing is that God totally used the kids to get me out of it! Haha. I never would have expected working/teaching/tutoring to be the thing to rid me of my foul mood that I’ve seriously had since waking up this morning. Huh…

Oh… also:

Mister Monday

He gets up at eight o’clock

On cold clear winter days

He eats his food at half past eight

And clears the pots away

He drives his car through the city streets

And meets along the way

Lots of tall dark people

Who stand there all the day

He’s Mister Monday

He works from nine to five

He’s Mister Monday

He lives alone in the city

I see him in the evening

I pass him at the door

I say, “Hello, how are you?”

And I know he’s very poor

He looks at the street through his window

He watches the people pass by

He loves little dogs and children

And he never tells a lie”

HAHA!!! I totally just nailed that! You have no idea how much that amuses me. I SUCK at memorization and I just memorized that with Veronica during our half hour of studying. I got to show her how finding the rhythm in the words helps you to memorize and learn it, kind of like you’re learning a song. It was so fun! I can’t believe we both learned that tonight… when she first showed it to me, she said, “OH NO! I forgot! I have an English test tomorrow and I have to know this poem!” I thought she meant that she just had to be familiar with it… oh no. nope. She definitely had to memorize it and she had not even LOOKED at it before we read it together!!! UGH! I was defeated when I looked at the page full of writing… I actually gave up before we even started. It was terrible, but then we went through the ol’ rhythm speech and we learned it together. It was really funny. We were clapping out the rhythm the whole time and she was dancing around the room while I clapped it out. Then we marched it down the million stairs of the house on the way to dinner… really funny J I can never tell if Paloma is amused. Haha it’s kind of funny trying to make someone laugh who is never amused and always sarcastic. Eh. ;)

God is funny.

And I like it J haha

Two of the light bulbs in my chandelier in my bedroom are out. It makes is difficult to see at night… I am just now realizing that… haha. I guess it makes sense though… I have half the light that I am used to having since there are supposed to be four lighted bulbs up there… I should go remedy that… or try to at least. I’m always afraid to interrupt the study sessions that Paloma has with Eduardo, though. Haha J man. She is SO intense. J haha.

Also my boyfriend is awesome and I got an email from him today that made me both tear up a little bit but also end with the most humongous smile on my face. J those are my fav kinds I suppose! He’s awesome. You should love him… you probably already do. Good for you. J

Oh yeah. I also wrote another essay tonight. This one was for Eduardo and it was over Hunting. Interesting, huh? Haha I kind of feel like I’m learning how parents feel. It’s actually a really cool thing that I’m doing this. I feel like I’m getting an important inside look to parenting that you don’t get just living at your own house. Even with two younger siblings. There’s something to be said for being an “outsider” just observing things. Kind of cool.

Ok. I want to be doing something right now… I wish I had a table and my sander and some paint… ha. Yeah right. That’ll be a few weeks to get that one… or months… haha

Guess I’ll read instead. Work out the ol’ noggin! J LOVE YOU!

Man. I love mood swings when they are swinging upwards J haha peace!

Oh, p.s. I taught Veronica, tonight, to say, “Peace out, Homie!” with the cocked peace sign in front of her as she says it. It’s pretty awesome. I’ll have to get her to make a video saying it and try to post it on facebook or something J so funny with her little Spanish accent! J

Madrid, Spain

La Casa de Santibanez

El 25 de Febrero, 2008

5:20pm (10:20am Denton time)

Ok. First off, I have to say that I just watched videos that Aaron sent me through gmail of his fam. And Darrell and ben and Jeremy.

I LOVE them.

Darrell…pookie…. You are definitely one of the most hilarious people I have ever met in my life and I’m so glad that you’re my friend! J I can’t wait to get home so we can go get sushi-lunch! J yes!!! Also, your laugh is still contagious from across the ocean. Incase you had always wondered that…

I watch the videos that Aaron sends me over and over so much just so that it’s kind of like I’m hanging out with you guys sometimes… haha. It’s pathetic… but awesome J haha.

And I laugh just as hard every time I watch them J

Love it!

Also I was attacked by the kitchen sink just 10 minutes ago, in case you were wondering… I know you were.

My left arm is extremely wet… I mean… sleeve. Left sleeve is wet…

Oh. Dang. Also… I may have accidentally stayed up, reading, until 5:00 this morning… whoops? And it wasn’t my “home” book of Anna Karenina… it was the Atonement book that was supposed to be my bus/metro book… now I don’t have one…haha. I really didn’t mean to read it all last night. I just wanted to read a little bit more… and I ended up reading about 335 pages… dang it.

Well, it’s a good book, though… haha. You can borrow it when I get home if you want J I want to see the movie now. Maybe it’ll be out on video by the time I get home! Maybe??

That’s all for now.

Ooh. And the kids’ dad is home now. Got home this morning I think. I met him when I went down for lunch and he seems really nice. J he brought me a USA Today from yesterday. J haha. That was nice of him! His English is very good. J so… I’ll keep you posted on all of that. Hopefully he stays awesome… J

That’s all… maybe more later.

Later: 10:31pm (3:31pm Denton time)

So family time exists somewhat now that papa is home J everyone is in the living room watching a movie. I can’t remember the name of it though… it’s the one with Johnny depp and Antonio banderas, Eva Mendez? Is it Mendez? I think… and Penelope cruz… in mexico with the guitar… yeah. I cant remember… help?

Whoa. Enrique iglesias is in this movie too! Haha. Nice.

I wonder…do they make dvd’s of any New York Philharmonic Orchestra? I would love to have one of those. Dvd as opposed to a CD because I think that watching orchestras play is something of a wonder. It reminds me of going to the UNT shows to see my lovely friend Meaghan Kawaller (Meaghan Walsh at the time J) wow the universe on her clarinet during our early college years J it blows my mind how talented those people are with their instruments… jeez.

I think it would be fun to write kids books with Aaron. He could illustrate with his little Monster guy that he draws. Just a random thought. Maybe some sort of bilingual or ESL type of books? or maybe something along the Veggie Tales line of Christian children’s books… eh. Just a thought.

So the girls are all going to Portugal this weekend. That should be fun. I’m not going because I don’t have the money for it. The bus ride alone is like 80 euros… or more maybe. Plus hostel money and everything else. Plus they’re not going to be back until Sunday night or Monday morning or something… I have to teach Sunday afternoons…so…yeah. Anyways. I was talking to Paloma and Eduardo sr. tonight and he was telling me that we should go all over spain because it’s the most beautiful country in the world J haha. He chuckled as he said it, but there was a hint of seriousness along with his Spanish pride J haha. The city that we were going to go to last weekend is one that he said we should see for sure. Maybe we’ll take a few day trips while Aaron and Lindsey are here. The bus fares are only like 10ish euros for round trips, so we’ll see how much money we’ve got to play with. Could be cool. Maybe that city… I cannot think of the name!! it starts with an A… and Segovia again so that Lindsey can go to the Cinderella castle J and maybe Sevilla. I feel like that city is a must to visit while in spain J maybe we’ll see a few others depending on speding abilities J we’ll see! It’s tiring, too! So… yeah.

Ok going to bed. Not another 5am night…haha.

Buenos noches, mis amigos! Te quiero!

(Goodnight, my friends! I love you!)

No comments: