21 February 2008

just sittin' on the ol' pot... again... uh... flower pot i mean.

i have a few minutes before i have to go back inside and teach/have dinner. thought you'd like a few more pictures from Toledo last weekend. :)

this is what Euros Cambio (change) looks like :)
they have ones, two's, 1 cent, 2cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, 20 cent, and 50 cent.
cait is a real life pick pocket. m&m's of course...

i ate a crawfish... gross. still don't like them, Pookie (Darrell) haha. :)
this is mike. everyone? meet our funny amigo nuevo, mike:

we all ate at this quaint little place in Toledo for lunch. who makes you pay for friggin water?? well...they do. brats. ;)

Later on February 20, 2008:

9:47pm Madrid time

2:47pm denton time

So… it’s hilariously official. My kids are the funniest, most awesome kids ever. J hahaha I LOVE them!!! Tonight, at dinner, both of them were there at the same time, and so we were supposed to all study together. So I took the lists of the irregular verbs and the list of opposite words that we are supposed to study at dinnertime and I made up a game. Really simple, actually but it turned out to be so fun J I told them that we would go back and forth between the two of them and I would ask them about a word. They would get a point for each correct answer. The first one to 20 was the winner. If they were tied the whole way, then at the end, if the first person got it right, then it was up to the second person. If they got it wrong, then the first person wins. If they got is right, then they tied!

Luckily, I know the words that each of them think are easy and which they each think are hard, so I kept them pretty equal the whole time… they actually ended up tying on both of them! J so that was cool. They really got into it and it was really loud and intense, but we were all smiling and laughing the whole time. I’m pretty sure that was the most awesome dinner time that we’ve had the whole time I’ve been here.

Also, Eduardo totally said that I was the best au pair/ assistant that he’s had, again, tonight J so that’s cool. Haha. Especially since up until this week (and actually kind of still) I’ve felt like I had no idea what I was doing, and was pretty sure they thought I was ridiculous… haha.

Anyways. that’s my story for tonight. I had such a good night with both of them. J oh, also, during studying with veronica, I taught her how to speak colloquially with the words “wanna, gonna, y’all”, and I think one more… I can’t think of it. J so that was fun J

AH my kids are so awesome. J J J

Madrid, Spain

La Casa de Santibanez

El 20 de Febrero, 2008

4:08pm (9:08am Denton time)

Haha. I think that Katie and Cait may be the ones to appreciate this the most… but I just asked Paloma where the best place to buy a book would be (I really wanna find that book, “El nino con las pajamas…” something… but I don’t really want to pay 13 euros for a paperback book… oh well. Anyways… surprise surprise…? J haha she told me to go to…

Drumroll…!!!

EL CORTE INGLES!!!

Duh. It’s the answer to everything for her. Hahaha. It’s so funny now. But it really is kind of ridiculous. Haha. It really wouldn’t be so ridiculous if they were actually a really cheap place to find things (like wal mart or something back home in the states) but… it’s not. Haha J

Anyways.

Oh. So apparently Paloma and I are speaking in Spanish now… that’s cool. Really intimidating…she speaks really quickly… oh man. But still kinda cool so far. HahaJ she just started speaking to me in Spanish today… I partially hope that she keeps doing that. And partially it scares the bajeezes out of me… I’m just scared people are going to get irritated with me when I don’t understand what they’re saying. L but its ok. J I’m in Spain. J

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you should teach the children to say, "hey, I lost my number, can I have yours?"

or

"peace out my homey" or something like that!