14 February 2008

blah day...

whoa! it is so cold out here on my little potted plant. yeesh! well, happy vday! :)

Madrid
, Spain

La Casa de Santibanez
El 14 de Febrero, 2008
12:24pm (5:24am Denton time)

So…I’m pretty sure I just got chastised by Ani for trying to help…neat.

Every Thursday, Ani cleans my room/bathroom (like dusting, etc) and does my laundry… so today, I thought instead of just bringing down the laundry and leaving it in a pile on the kitchen floor (where the laundry machine is…weird), that I would go ahead and start it. It’s a very simple thing to do… so I did. I’m pretty sure she just told me (as she stopped outside my bedroom door on her way up to the floor above) that I’m not allowed to have more than one load of laundry…that I’m washing too many clothes… the ironic thing is that I hardly wash anything here because I detest the feeling of cardboard clothing on my skin, which is inevitably what happens any time I wash ANYthing here since it has to be line-dried… and is not usually even dry when she piles it outside my room for me to put away…so I end up having to put it back outside OR just hang everything on every surface around my room. I think I had like 4 shirts, underwear, and some socks to wash besides my sheets and towels… maybe that’s too much… whatever. I figured that maybe she just wanted me to put it all in one load, so I tried to tell her that it wouldn’t all fit, and she argued with me, telling me only ONE load… so…whatever. Maybe she doesn’t realize that it doesn’t get clean when you shove two loads of laundry into a little washer that is no bigger than a kitchen sink… UGH. Whatever. I’ll just have lots of dirty clothes for the next two months. Then, when I’m home I’ll do my own laundry as often as I freaking want to. And, God forbid, I may even do more than one load in a week! WHOA!!!

Sorry. That reeks of bitterness… L I don’t want to be bitter, I just wish people would use their common sense sometimes.

Also, meatballs and rice is not very good. Especially when the rice is dry and you haven’t ever liked meatballs to begin with… bah. I’m going to go read my bible and spend some time with the Lord. My attitude is crap right now. I need it adjusted. Sorry.

…oh… Happy Valentines Day, by the way… haha. Whoops? J

p.s. I finished my book last night (Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen) that Lindsey gave me when we left. It was fantastic and I really want to see the movie again, now. I wish I owned it… my roommate my freshman year of college had it and I think she watched it on a loop every single day that year. Haha. Now I can hardly remember anything about the movie except that the chick from Titanic was one of the main characters… J Today I’m starting on the Russian novel by Leo Tolstoy called Anna Karenina. Pretty pumped about that. Should be a good read. And it’s long enough! Jeez. Haha. Should keep me occupied for some good amount of time J

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

dang that book is long! i'm proud of you for finishing it so soon, you little reader-bee you!!

also, angela & angelica asked about you today again, i pointed them towards your blog. they love you girl.

i love you too... go read your email!