16 January 2008

Parking Lot Rodeo

so... i forgot to mention this yesterday, but as i type and my wrist yells at me (not really...that would freak me out...) with every key pressed, i am reminded of my awesome idea and follow through that occurred yesterday afternoon:

the setting is the Denton Campus church parking lot
the main character would be my dear friend (who will remain nameless)'s car
the supporting roles would be played by myself and my dear, nameless friend...

it's pretty simple, really... she had parked her car in the area of the parking lot where you are sure to get a ticket (and she did...) so she was simply moving her car from one corner of the parking lot, to the other... not a daunting task.
it was cold outside, and i didn't have a jacket, so instead of walking back, i dec
ide that the logical thing to do would be just to hop on the back of her car (the trunk, if you will) and hitch a ride - a very SLOW ride, since we ARE in a parking lot... i can't imaging going more than, what, five miles and hour??

bad idea.

now, i must preface this by placing all responsibility upon myself, because, number one, i am the one that jumped on the car... number two, i would have probably done the exact same thing. haha:

as she backs up out of the parking space that she's in, i think to myself, "man, this is actually really cool! just sittin, with my little dr. pepper and the awesome chocolate bar that my friend just gave me. the sun has warmed the trunk of the car, and therefore has warmed my tooshie so that i am no longer shivery...

BAM

i'm on the ground.

ouch...

as i'm sliding off the trunk, i think (split second thoughts are never the brightest), "ok, this is ok... i'll just hop down before i actually fall off. falling off would suck."

i did, however, forget this little thing called physics... an object in motion will stay in motion... yeah. you know the drill. my body was obviously traveling at a good 10 miles an hour in the direction that my back was facing... so when i hopped/slid/fell down off the trunk, even though i did land on my feet for a brief second, i proceeded to slam into the pavement before another thought besides, "oh, crap!" could run through my brain.

all that to say that i have one awesome (and i do mean awesome) bruise on my right butt cheek since that lovely gift from the Lord (natural padding to land on, right?? haha) caught the majority of my fall, and my right hand/wrist is a little more tight than it usually tends to be...

moral of the story?
even when riding on the back (or front, for that matter) of your dear nameless friend's car seems like a great idea... don't do it.
it only causes swollen butt cheeks and achy wrists just in time for you to take those lovely gifts across the ocean to your new homes...far, far away...

...i am moving to another continent in less than two days... wow...

1 comment:

Caitlin C said...

your nameless friend will keep apologizing until that cute butt of yours is no longer bruised.

but parking lot rodeos ARE entertaining...