30 January 2008

I live in Spain...weird...

Madrid, Spain

La Casa de Santibanez

El 28 de Enero, 2008

11:13pm (4:13pm Denton time)

I got to talk to Aaron for a few minutes today. We’ve pretty much worked out to where we get to talk for a few minutes on Mondays and Fridays… It’s never long enough and Monday to Friday is a really long time without hearing his voice. Sorry if that’s sappy for you to hear or if you’re slightly gagging at reading that, but you’ll just have to get over that problem. Deal? ;) sweet.

Now that we’ve got that under control…

There is a chance that Aaron may be able to visit me here in Madrid over UNT’s spring break. Then again there is a very good chance that he may not be able to. Even with a SERIOUSLY awesome airline hookup (standby which is about a good thousand dollars less expensive than a normal ticket. Maybe more than that?)… money is still a really tight thing considering a place to stay while here and provisions and stuff… it can get pretty costly… especially for a final semester college student, you know?

I’m praying so hard that he either gets a new AEWSOME job that he loves and that pays him what he’s worth (can anyone really afford to pay him that? He’s freaking awesome at what he does… anyone looking for a fabulous logistics/supply chain managing mind… call him. Seriously.) so that he can afford on his own to come and visit me… OR that someone just randomly decides that they really want to give him several hundred dollars (say…around $600?) because he’s so awesome. Haha J either one will do, I think J. I think that spring break is probably the week right before my birthday, too… so that would pretty much be the best present I could EVER get in my life if he came to see me. Man. You have no idea how hard I’m praying for that.

Madrid, Spain

La Casa de Santibanez

El 29 de Enero, 2008

10:41pm (3:41pm Denton time)

I’m getting extremely irritated with this woman. I am starting to hate tutoring time. I’m praying for completely unnatural patience and that she will just shut up for once. She’s a control freak and its seriously driving me crazy. Also, I don’t know what she’s thinking, but if her son is not learning as much as she would like him to, it’s definitely not my fault… I’m not going to shove this stuff down his throat while he throws fits. If he does, I wait for him to chill out before I move on. I’m not in spain to babysit children throwing fits because their mother shoves 8million years of studying down their throats every single afternoon. Good lord, woman. Chill out. Go drink your wine and smoke your gross cigarettes (in the house, no doubt where you can give us all asthma attacks… yeah. Your son has asthma and you’re going to smoke in the house. Nice.).

Bah. Sorry. This afternoon I wondered how possible it would be fore me to find somewhere else to live… and how soon I could do it… but seriously. I’ll get over it. I prayed for patience last night… maybe God wants me to learn it instead of just handing it over to me. Either way…

We got our Abono passes today! Finally! The Abono is the Metro/Buss pass that is good for the entire month. We went ahead and got our passes for February and I can’t wait to be able to use it. They are good for unlimited trips on both the busses and metros. Right now we are having to buy “diez viajes” which are good for… you guessed it, 10 trips. They are almost 7 euros a piece and an average day is at least 2-4 trips…so…yeah. They’re adding up. (haha I made myself think of Kevin…the office…after I just wrote that last sentence. )

Katie and I also signed up for class today! We’re in the same class so that’s awesome. Caitlin is not going to do it since she just got finished Spanish four in December. Katie and I, on the other hand, haven’t had Spanish in about 2 years now, so we definitely want to get in on at least an hour a day. Our first class is Friday morning at 10:30am. Wish us luck! We’re really pumped about it. I’m actually really excited about it. Sorry I think I’ve mentioned that a lot… eh.

So…I’m watching CNN right now and its kind of reminding me of hangin out at the orange house or something. Haha. I never watch sports and that’s all that is on right now. It’s world sports updates and stuff. J I couldn’t care less about this stuff, but it’s the only English station that I get here…so…here I am, listening to sports. It’s actually been good because I used to be so up on current events and stuff, but since college I basically know nothing. Awesome. It’s really good to know what’s going on in the world again. Especially with the presidential election coming up.

I walked around the area that our house is today for a while to see if I could jack any wifi. I’d had no success around the house and stuff, so I decided to broaden my scopes… ;) I walked around almost the whole place and nothing would connect. I finally found this one space where I could connect! I almost didn’t believe it! Unfortunately it wasn’t at any of the many benches that are around here. Of course not. Haha J I had to sit on the edge of this big potted plant next to the entrance to the area. Right by the gate. Haha. It was really actually kind of funny. But the awesome part about it was that when I checked my google mail, I Chad Farmer messaged me on the google instant messaging thing. I love that thing! J haha and then I noticed that Aaron was logged on to his mail too!!! It was so awesome! So I got to message with Aaron, Chad, and Gooch (who was in class sitting right next to chad! Haha) for a few minutes. Unfortunately my computer connection died before I could say goodbye, so guys, if you’re reading this, I’m sorry that I hung up on you. Totally didn’t mean to do it!!!

Ok. I’m going to see if I can prepare pictures at home and then just upload like I do with my updates. That way you can actually get pictures before I get home… haha

Ok here goes: hope this works!!!

nope. didnt work. blast. oh well. i'll upload some more. :) the good old fashioned way. oh yeah.

No comments: