05 March 2008

it got cold again! yeesh!

Madrid, Spain

La Casa de Santibanez

El 4 de Marzo, 2008

10:02pm (3:02pm Denton time)

Ok… news from today:

  • I didn’t wear a jacket for the first time today… bad idea. I thought it was going to be as warm as it was yesterday… nope. It was extremely windy… yikes.
  • “Crucial Tuesday” is today. Votes are counted in Ohio and Texas. I think two other states as well, but Ohio and Texas are huge states to win (or lose) in this race. I hope you are all voting… I also hope (personally) that Hillary “Satan’s spawn” Clinton is out of the race by the end of the day… that won’t happen, but we can always hope, right? (sorry, if you’re a hillary backer… I just really wish she would go away…)
  • That has been one of my hardest prayers these past months… praying that His will be done in this election EVEN if that is to have Hillary Clinton as our next president… so tough to pray that… BUT that’s good. J
  • If it goes to superdelegates and they don’t vote the way that the people vote, I will officially be extremely disappointed. That would make all of the votes pointless.
  • I like CNN. I’m so thankful for it (and the English that they speak…haha).
  • I’m making a Bucket List (a list of things to do before I die). It’s cool J
  • I’m making a book list that I want to read
  • I’m going to make a list of things that I am SO thankful to have back in the states that I have taken for granted in the past. I don’t want to take them for granted when I get back home. When I finish it (or get a good number of things down), I’ll post them for you so that you can see if you take them for granted too, and maybe checkity-check yourself J haha.
  • I’m sick of having white rice and hotdogs (no buns. Just the dog) for lunch…
  • I’m sick of fish sticks. They are NOT HEALTHY – especially when they’re DEEP FRIED…
  • I can’t wait to be able to eat WHEN I’M HUNGRY…. Not wait until I’m ALLOWED to eat…
  • i can’t believe it’s snowing in Denton!!! My sister sent me the most awesome pictures!!! She wrote things in the snow outside her house: “LOVE YOU, D” and “miss you too!” So cool! J
  • I went running yesterday and prayed for death afterwards. My lungs hurt so badly… also I had a headache last night more strange than I’ve ever had before. Not even a migraine. Worse. I honestly thought that my head was going to explode and my brain was going to spurt out of every opening in my head… not joking. There was so much pressure in my head I sat on my bed pressing on both sides of my head with my hands praying for the pressure to subside. Ugh. So weird. And so terrible…
  • I got mail from my MOMMY today!!! So awesome!!! She sent me “Phase Ten”, the card game that I was wishing I had to teach the kids! So cool! I hope I get a chance to play it with them soon. Maybe they wont have too much homework tonight!
  • Finding hostels to stay at and finding bus tickets online teach us patience. MUCH patience. So I guess it’s good J
  • I get to talk to Aaron tonight. That’s awesome.
  • I FINALLY got to post an entire album online on Facebook today! The internet connection stayed connected the whole time for it to finish uploading!!! YES! So… I now have pictures from the first TWO days of this whole trip…haha. Aren’t you excited?? J maybe one day’ll they’ll be up to date… I’m not sure if it’ll be before I’m home though. Haha
  • I still have nowhere to live for nine days starting nine days from today… neat.
    please pray for me to find somewhere to live. I think I may end up having to pay to stay in a hostel here in Madrid. That sucks. If that’s the case, that will be about $275 dollars more that I was not planning on spending while here in spain… I don’t even have enough money to last until I get home, right now… I’m way more than counting on birthday money to get me through this month… ugh. I hate money. I hate not having anywhere to live next week! Man. Please pray. Please please. I need either a magic three hundred dollars to drop out of the sky (and for a bed to stay open at a good hostel) OR a free place to stay that week… pray pray pray.
  • I just wish that I would have known this before I moved here…they should have told me instead of just now informing me that I’m homeless if I don’t go with them to the north part of spain… it’s just not really fair… well, I don’t think so anyways… don’t just tell me that with no other options. That’s just mean.
  • I love you.
  • I need to stop stressing out about a place to live.
  • God totally provides. I’m interested to see how He will this time… interested, for sure. J
  • Thanks for making it through, again. You’re troopers J

Later: 10:15ish Madrid time

3:15ish denton time

I just cut eduardo’s hair. That was cool. His old haircut was driving me insane. It was not even AT ALL… surprisingly, his dad said I could cut it for him…

It looks really good.

The first thing his dad said when he showed it to him (and was really excited about it, I might add…) :

Eduardo: Papa! Look! Look at my new hair! How good it looks, eh?? J J J

Eduardo Sr: well, there’s nothing we can do about it now…

As he tossles his hair…

Nice. Thanks, dad. You’re welcome for saving you money for having to go to a hairdresser who does a crappy job anyways… you’re welcome…

Aaron’s going to call me in about five minutes. I wish it were now. Ugh.

Did I mention that his hair actually looks good… yeah.

And even later: 11:41pm Madrid time

4:41pm Denton time

…and have I mentioned how much i love that my room is right above Paloma’s?

I love this for the sole reason that I get to smell it every single time she starts smoking in her room… smoke rises. Right into my nostrils as I attempt to sleep…or breathe… you know, either one J haha.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

your haircuts are great! don't let anyone tell you different!!! I will be talking to you later today!

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

let me get this straight.... you ARE staying in the hostel with us, but still need a place to stay the Sun & Sat that we're here?!?! why?? why can't you stay with us? SLUMBER PARTY WITH US PLEASE!!!!!!!

i love you.

k seeyousoon.